Friday, March 29, 2013

Good, Good Friday

Every holiday, Bradley and I pack up the car and the dogs and travel back to North Carolina to spend the occasion with our families. I am so blessed that my parents allow the 4 of us to stay with them, usually my grandparents stay the weekend too.

This weekend for Easter is no different from any other holiday. We love to sit around outside during the day, letting the dogs run their little hearts out while we sit around and talk. At night however, the men (Bradley, my dad, and my grandfather) sit around the kitchen table with their whiskey and cards playing poker, while my mom, my grandmother, myself and the dogs relax on the couch drinking wine and catch up with each other.

Today was a little different, we decided to have our own little wine tasting. While at the grocery store today, I discovered a wine that we have never seen in Tennessee... Barefoot Sweet Red. Usually, my favorite is a Red Moscato so this seemed liked something that would be right up my alley. We purchased the Barefoot Sweet Red, Barefoot Red Moscato and just for fun, Duplin Carolina Red Sweet Muscadine Wine.




At the end of the tasting, results were in! 
(1.) Red Moscato won the most votes. It is not too dry but not too sweet and has a great taste. Definitely a good wine for someone who is new to the world of wine or who is trying to transition from sweet white wines such as regular Moscato or a pink Moscato to more dry, red wines.
(2.) The new discovery, Sweet Red was second place. Since it is a blend of reds, it was still a little too dry for me, but did have a surprising little sweet after taste.
(3.) Duplin Carolina Red ranked at the bottom of the list. It tasted more like a very sweet grape juice rather than wine and was not a favorite of anyone involved in our family tasting.


Mom and I after our wine tasting :-) What is your favorite wine? Are there any that you've been wanting to try? Let me know in the comments section!! 

Happy Easter!

Love,
Katheryn

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed tasting all the wine, all good. Good whisky too. And I took Bradley and John to the cleaners playing Texas holdem.

    ReplyDelete